We've had lots of opportunity to visit with many senior couples who are here with us-- we are all going to diverse places-- Mongolia, Korea,Nigeria, Ghana, Chile-- and a few common spots like Wash DC, Toronto, Texas. The story is so familar-- those who taught Spanish for years are going to Mongolia or Korea, those who wanted to dig wells and build houses are going to a compound in Nigeria surrounded by a high fence and barbed wire. Another couple is driving their car to a Reservation in Colorado were the young elders drive 4x4 over dirt roads, and they allowed their car will be used up by the time their mission is finished. Many are going on Temple missions-- Mexico, Washington DC. Some are on their 4th mission. They come home for a year and then are off again. All are looking forward to their adventures.
I don't like the cafeteria. Now, I am enjoying NOT organizing meals, shopping for food,concern over cost, preparing the meals, clean up ,or managing leftovers. So what is there not to like--- the MTC treats the 2000 youth who are currently here very well with no end of variety of foods, well prepared and served with generous helpings. Yes ,I do ask for small servings but the variety is immense and I am trying to resist . Pete and I work out in the gym in the early morning but it is definitely not enough time to make a dent--- all you mothers are not sympathizing with me, I'm sure . The youth are on their best behavior removing our trays from the table when we are finished. They are all a striking lot-- handsomely groomed and dressed and so well behaved. There is hope for our world when you see so many all in one place and see the wonderful power and potential.Their parents would be so proud if they could see them .
Debbie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!
Thankfully you just have a week or two of the abudant cafeteria food. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment