Friends and Relatives:
Sorry to spam you. Just hit "delete" if you are getting bored with Bano del Inca. I just found this place so interesting I couldn't stop taking pictures and wanting to share. However, It seems I am only allowed to send 6 pics at a time without being advised to use some cloud thing that I know nothing about, and am not going to try to figure out. I am at the maximum of my technical abilities to just send pictures like this.
I love the market places. There are so many vendors and so much stuff for sale that I wonder how anybody makes a living. The markets are colorful and aromatic, and similar everywhere. Peruvian vendors are not aggressive like Ecuadorians. It makes going to market more pleasant. In Ecuador a vendor will follow you for half a block with a pineapple if you show interest but don't buy. Here they state the price and then leave you alone unless you want to dicker.
It is a real free market system. There are no government inspectors coming around to bother people and adding layers of rules, regulations, licenses and expense to vendors and restaurateurs. It is up to the consumer to look out for themselves. That has pros and cons. We count on government agencies to protect us in North America which they sometimes overdue or under do. It is buyer beware regardless of which system you prefer. I rather like the haphazard unregulated system here.
Pictures
3. Note the pig's head on the top shelf with 2 goat heads behind it. Not sure what one does with those, but the old adage,"waste not, want not", probably applies.
4. Note the butchers tools of the trade. There is an ax, a machete and a hack saw on a section of a tree trunk.
1 & 6. Gotta love the short ladies with the tall hats. I wish I could show pics of their faces, but they don't like to be photographed so I have to sneak pictures. The faces reveal a long life of hard work for long work days. We have a lot of respect for these wonderful people who work so hard under difficult conditions. It is heart warming to see those craggy faces break into a big smile and give you a "buenos dios" when you greet them on the street.
Peter & Debbie
No comments:
Post a Comment