Friday, March 11, 2011

Mas Picturas

This is a tablecloth that was made by Mariana Valero. Actually it is two. They are to be used together. The bottom one is red and shows through spaces made in the top one. It is very festive and beautiful.
There is a chunk of a log out by the patio door that we used for a seat by our fire pit. When I put it up on the deck for the winter, Charlie adopted it as his roost. In fact, he prefers it to the comforts of the house. He spent the last three weeks outdoors, and mostly on the stump. Last night it rained and blew hard. Charlie was soaked to the skin, and refused several offers to come in. Finally, reluctantly he did. After getting dried off he wanted to go out, but we kept him in 'till this morning. He has spent most of the winter out there by his own choice.
My truck is equipped with signs now and I am ready for spring. I have windows and doors to install for customers, 3 decks, a grape arbour, metal roof to install and a garage if the customer can get the permit to build. I am confident that more work will come along by the time those things are done. Actually, I may have more work than I want already, as I plan to do some gardening this spring and would like a canoe trip or two. There aren't enough hours in the day, or days in a week. I will give people the option to get somebody else to do the work if I am not able to get to them quickly enough to suit.
Actually, for the most part I am keeping my truck off the road this winter. I had it out last week for the first time in a couple months. I don't want it to experience salt. I would like it to outlast me. I am enjoying working in the shop. I am putting the finishing touches on a pair of black cherry night stands and getting started on a headboard of the same material. I am very fortunate to have a warm and well equipt shop to pass the cold and wet days of winter in.
That is wood for the winter of 2012-13 behind the truck. Next year's is in the woodshed.
Life is good.
Love, Dad

No comments: